Ever since JLo, Kim Kardashian, Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea and company made big butts and shaking their ‘thang’ a thing in Hollywood, it seems like the world can never get enough of voluptuous butt shapes.
Everywhere you look on social media, especially on Instagram and TikTok, you see women and teenage girls flaunting their badonkadonk any way they can. It’s a butt-obsessed world indeed, and the curvilicious Renaissance woman (with a few modifications in some places) is back in business.
It’s no wonder phrases like ‘how to get a bigger bum’, ‘how to make your butt bigger’, ‘how to get a big ass’ and other variations of such continue to crowd online searches.
And despite having different butt shapes, most women want to know how to grow a booty.
If you want to have a peachylicious behind, today’s your lucky day. Here, we’ll talk about big butts and the top booty growth tips so you can flaunt your beach bum and rock those Daisy Duke shorts this summer.
Why Are Big Butts Beautiful?
The shape of a woman’s body has long been a source of fascination.
Whilst most conservative or puritanical societies sought to hide the curves that differentiate the womanly shape from that of the males, there were certain periods that celebrated them. One, of course, is the Renaissance, where many paintings and sculptures depict and seem to celebrate the feminine form in all its glory.
The 1950s petticoat and crinoline also emphasised the booty area and hips, as these underskirts ensured that skirts and dresses flared below a slim waist. Meanwhile, the 1960s miniskirt celebrated shapely butts and long legs. At the same time, especially near the 1970s, women’s curves were suppressed or less emphasised as the ‘prepubescent look’ popularised by models like Twiggy became the norm.
Then fast forward to the late 1990s and we have low-rise pants coming back in fashion. Along with everything low-rise was the emphasis on the beauty of a curvy, tight butt. And of course, there was JLo’s already-famous ass rocking various red-carpet events in Hollywood.
We never really got over JLo’s perfect peach, until Kim Kardashian came along and flaunted her huge backside. Then Sir Mix-A-Lot popularised his rap song ‘Baby Got Back’ in 2010, followed by Nicki Minaj’s ‘Anaconda’ in 2014. Both songs celebrate the big, healthy butt that’s sexy and attractive.
Of course, today, we’re not just about big, jiggly butts. We also want our butts to be firm, healthy and round. This is probably the effect of the gym-going subculture that values muscles and the hard work that goes into keeping – not only a firm posterior but also an overall toned body.
Then again, people’s fixation for butts is not uniform globally. There are still places, especially in parts of Asia, where tiny backsides on women are not viewed as a liability, much like almost-non-existent breasts.
But where butts are well-loved and seem to have a life of their own, both butt size and shape matter.
Is it Possible to Get a Bigger Bum Naturally?
Now, your next question might be: Is it possible to get a bigger bum naturally?
There’s really no need to resort to extreme procedures if you have the patience and discipline to use natural ways to get a bigger butt.
3 Natural Ways to Make Your Bum Look Bigger
So, if you want to know how to make your bum grow bigger naturally, keep reading. Here are some ways to make your bum bigger without using creams or solutions or undergoing plastic surgery.
1. Accentuate your butt with booty fashion
Accentuating your behind by wearing pants that make your butt look good may not seem like a natural solution, just like the TikTok leggings that only help create the illusion of a rounded butt. However, this approach that makes use of booty fashion like scrunch bum shorts & leggings is quite effective.
For example, wearing butt-lifting leggings to the gym or for your yoga workout does add a dose of confidence – even while you’re still working your ass (pun intended) off to get the butt of your dreams.
Dresses that make your bum look bigger come in certain styles that really work to accentuate the butt area. If you’re already well-endowed, you could wear figure-hugging clothes ala-Kim Kardashian or Beyoncé. Other fashionable ways you can draw attention to your derriere include wearing:
- Brightly coloured skirts, short booty shorts or pants that emphasise your bottom
- Dresses and skirts with a different colour or horizontal blocking right along or below the butt
- Jeans or pants that define your waistline and are snug at the hips and butt section
- Denim pants with smaller pockets placed slightly below the butt cheeks
You could also wear high heels to get that back straight and that butt of yours popping out so people can’t help but notice.
2. Exercise to make your butt bigger
Next are exercises to make your butt bigger. Yes, it’s entirely possible to have a perky butt by performing home exercises. But, what exercises can you do to make your booty bigger?
If you’re looking to grow and tighten your butt, you should focus on your glutes.
The glutes are the three muscles making up your buttocks: the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. Any exercise to make your buttocks bigger are focused on these muscles.
So, can you grow your glutes at home? Definitely, but make sure to focus on workouts to make your butt bigger. Here are some big-booty workouts you can try today:
- Glute bridge or hip raise: The bridge works the glutes, back and abs. As it works on core stabilisation and glute strength, it will not only lift and tighten your butt but also help relieve back pain.
- Hip thrust: The Hip Thrust is an impactful workout that zeroes in on the glutes and hamstrings, granting enhancements in both power and posture.
- Fire hydrant exercise: The fire hydrant is the ultimate glute pump. You can put a resistance band around your knees for a more intense burn.
- Donkey kicks: The donkey kick is a popular move that targets the glutes and is usually combined with the fire hydrant in a superset. You can also use a resistance band placed around your knees if you want a more challenging workout.
- Side lunges: Side lunges not only work your front thighs and glutes but also tone your inner and outer thighs. With this move, you can look forward to having a firm behind and slimmer-looking legs.
- Kneel and stand: Considered an advanced move, kneel and stand targets your glutes and can help improve your balance whilst keeping your heart rate up. You may use a pair of dumbbells or a kettlebell for a harder workout.
3. Diet for booty gains
Aside from exercising, you should also know what to eat to grow your booty. Yes, there are certain foods that help give you a bigger butt, and you can eat these to complement your exercise. Your body needs dietary protein, certain carbohydrates, healthy fats, and antioxidants to promote muscle growth, reduce inflammation, and enhance recovery.
Below is a list of foods for booty building:
- Cottage cheese
- Chicken breast
- Greek yoghurt
- Unsweetened nut butter
- Brown rice
- Flax seeds
- Protein shakes
- Pumpkin seeds
These foods that give you a bigger butt are rich in various nutrients that are also essential to your general health.
What Foods to Avoid
Just as there’s great food for your bum, there are also certain foods you need to avoid, as consuming these will render your efforts at exercising and dieting for a bigger butt useless.
In general, you need to lay off the following food types:
- Processed food: Cookies, chips, cereal bars, crackers
- Food with added processed sugar:Food containing added sucrose, fructose, dextrose or corn syrup, such as fruit-flavoured yoghurts and certain energy bars
- Calorie-laden drinks: Juice, soda, fancy coffees and teas
These food products usually have a lot of unhealthy fats, sugar or sodium or a combination of these, which can contribute to unhealthy weight gain. Remember, you’re trying to build muscle, not fat. Besides, the above food types have very little to offer in terms of nutrition, so reduce or cut them out of your diet if you can.
Other Ways to Get a Bigger Butt
For some people, booty band workouts and other butt-enhancing exercises, as well as dieting, are just too much work, so they resort to what might be considered shortcuts to getting a bigger butt.
These include the use of bum enlargement creams and oils and plastic surgery.
- Bum enlargement creams and oils: There are booty creams sold online that work on increasing the production of fat cells in the butt area.
- Plastic surgery: Today, there are butt implants, and the application of fat transfer to the buttocks, like in the famous Brazilian butt lift
Although the above alternatives are available to people who want a bigger butt, we still recommend trying the natural methods, whose results are long-lasting and come with little to no side effects.
Besides, exercise and a healthy diet are prerequisites to overall health and well-being, not just to having a big butt.
Big Booty Myths Busted
Along with our fascination for butts are myths about the backside. Let’s break these down:
- Does sitting make your butt bigger? Sitting all day can lead to fat build-up in the butt area but can also make the butt flatter and lead to postural and back issues. So, sitting is not a shortcut to getting a healthy, firm butt.
- Does cycling make your bum flat? Cycling is a form of exercise and works to tone the butt muscles or glutes.
- Do guys prefer big or small bums? There are what you’d call ‘ass men’ and ‘breast men’. Among ass men, there are those who like big butts in general – muscly or fatty. For some, however, it’s proportionality that counts. Others like perky or firm bums, big and small.
- Why do men like asses? According to evolutionary biologists, men are attracted to asses because these indicate a woman’s fertility and youth. Or they probably just like rounded things, the way most of us prefer curves to angles.
Here’s to a Healthy Butt!
Whether you want to tone an already-big butt or want a firmer derriere, there are ways to achieve your goal. And while you’re working your ass off to get the badonkadonk of your dreams, check out our massive gym tights collection at Be Activewear.